Buying Real Estate
Whether you already live in Asheville or are moving to live here for the first time, we will help you find the best housing, land, and area for you to call home.
Our Commitment To You
New Earth AVL Realty exists to manifest a world where we live in harmony with the Earth and each other by creating community and inspiring soul change.
- Review, Initial, and Sign the “Working with Real Estate Agents,“ and the “Buyer Agency Agreement.”
- Obtain a Pre-Qualification letter from your lender.
- Provide Jason Martini - “New Earth AVL Realty” with a copy of the pre-qualification letter.
- After meeting with us, make sure you are receiving & viewing listings sent by the auto-portal and by your agent directly.
- Download the KW home search app for your smart-phone - agent will text to you.
- Drive by Homes & Land that interest you and decide if the neighborhood, noise level, accessibility etc. are acceptable.
- Compile a list of homes or land that you would like to see & send to your agent (via text, email, or call); we will then schedule the showing(s).
- Consider bringing a pen & paper with you to the showings (“New Earth AVL Realty” will provide you with MLS listing, Tax records, and an aerial view of the home.)
Making An Offer
- Consider what price makes the most sense for you based on the market value and your loan parameters.
- Decide if you would like to have the sellers pay for a Home Warranty or closing costs.
- Check your email frequently; your agent will send the written offer for you to sign through our Dotloop system (Press “start”, then “confirm” to send it back to us.)
- The sellers may choose to counter your offer. At this point, we will relay this info back to you immediately. When both the buyer and seller agree to all terms and all documents are signed, we are officially under contract. Congratulations!
- Contact your lender within 24 hours to get things rolling on their end and to lock in your interest rate.
- Look out for an emails from “New Earth AVL Realty” (firstname.lastname@example.org). The initial email will describe for you, in detail, the next steps. You will also receive additional emails from our Dotloop system. Please sign all documents in a timely manner.
- The attorney/paralegal will send over an Engagement letter stating you would like to utilize their services for closing. Make sure to sign and return this to them right away.
- Shortly after home inspections are performed, follow inspector instructions (sent to your email) to pay their invoice & view your inspection report.
- Pay invoices for all inspections (pest, radon, etc.) in a timely manner.
- As you read over your inspection, look out for items that you would like to ask the seller to fix, or credit repair cost. Realize that these reports are very thorough and detailed. Remember, just go for the big things.
- Sign the Due Diligence Repair Request through our Dotloop system.
- Once repairs are agreed upon, immediately check with your lender about the appraisal.
- Schedule your closing with your closing attorney. (Typically lasts 30-45 minutes).
- Once closing is scheduled, transfer all utilities into your name.
- Attend a walk through just before closing to make sure everything looks as it should (your agent will schedule this).
- On closing day, bring your ID and a certified check from a NC bank (or wire money directly to the attorney from your bank.)
- You’re complete! Congratulations!
- Please refer all of your friends and family to Jason Martini @ New Earth AVL Realty! Thank you for choosing us to support you with “Turning your Dreams into Reality!”
- Earnest Money: depends on purchase price $500-2500+
- Due Diligence Fee (if necessary): ~ $200-500
- Appraisal (paid directly to your lender): ~$350-700
- Home inspection: ~$250-400 based on sq footage
- Pest inspection: ~$60-125
- Radon inspection: ~$100
- Septic inspection: ~$450 (includes clean out)
- Water inspection for well: ~$100